The Education Media Centre is an independent charity set up to improve the public and media understanding of education research and evidence.
We do this by making it easy for the media to access useful academic and research expertise on the education stories they are covering in newspapers, on radio, TV and the internet.
- Our ultimate goal is to raise awareness and knowledge of this research amongst the public as they turn to the media for up to date information about the education issues which interest them.
- We have no political, ideological or research agenda and no affiliation to any other organisation.
- To target topics which interest the public, the EMC responds to education stories pursued by the media.
- We also aim to enrich the agenda by showcasing fresh research findings and new expert thinking on popular and important education topics.
TThere are a range of EMC services and they are set out on this website. They include collecting expert responses to breaking education news, holding live briefings where journalists can receive background information of research into current education issues and in Research Making News we are collecting easy to read summaries of research on popular education matters.
Quality, Experience & Expertise
- Dedicated to high standards, the EMC draws on highly respected specialists in the fields of both education academia and the education media.
- Our staffinclude highly experienced journalists with expertise in education and broadcasting.
- The authority of the EMC`s work is informed, shaped and supported by a team of experienced education researchers and academics who form our ResearchAdvisoryPanel.
We’re a charity, so we are seeking sponsorship from key organisations which are interested in the topics covered by the talks.